1. To investigate how external environmental issues can affect a firms strategy.
2. To examine how a sustainable strategy involves assessment of internal activities and resources.
Textbook: Dess, G. McNamara, G., Eisner, A., & Lee, S. (2020). Strategic management: Text and cases (10th ed). New York, NY
1. What elements in the external environment might affect Pixars strategy? Chapter 2.
2. What key internal resources does Pixar have that might help it support its competitive strategy? Chapter 3
3. How does Pixar use strategic management? What is Pixars competitive strategy, and what is the basis of Pixars competitive advantage?
Chapter 1, exhibit 1.6, exhibit 1.3, Chapter 5
4. How has strategic leadership and the management of innovation helped Pixar sustain its competitive edge? Chapter 11, exhibit 11.5, Chapter 15