1. Listen to the following NPR segment on how partisanship impacts
individuals responses to certain statements:
2. Answer the following questions:
1. In your own words, define and explain the difference between party identification, partisanship and ideology.
2. Summarize the NPR clip. What were the main findings of the study discussed in the clip? (Minimum 6-7 sentences).
3. If the conclusions of the study discussed in the NPR clip are true, what are the implications for the health of American democracy? (Minimum 6-8 sentences).
4. What is one thing you as an individual can do to help address the
polarization trend in the U.S.?