Specifications and requirements for the Research Paper
Novels taken up for study in the proposed Research paper are as follows:
RAVAN AND EDDIE (R&E) TRILOGY which consists of the following 3 novels.
1. Ravan and Eddie
2. The Extras
3. Rest in Peace
Author: KIRAN NAGARKAR
Academic Level: Ph.D. Research Paper competent to be published in SCOPUS Indexed International Journals.
The following are my requirements to be studied with due diligence and incorporated into the proposed Research Paper:
1. A proper and compendious introduction to Indian Writing in English, its origin and development, The rise of the Indian English Novel and Modern Indian English Fiction discussing the pioneers and the most prominent writers of this canon.
2. A critical analysis of the thematic concerns of the R&E Trilogy.
3. A critical analysis and exposition of Postcolonial and Postmodern narratives of Class, Culture, history, religion and nationalism in the R&E Trilogy.
4. A critical analysis of the of Hindu-Christian perspective as visualized through the Mythical dimension in the novels.
5. A critical analysis of the notion of multiculturalism in the entity of the chawls of Bombay and its subversion through the fissures of caste, class, race, religion and gender.
6. A critical exposition of Hegelian dialectics at play in the trilogy.
7. A critical analysis of the narrative discourse, the use of Digressions and other stylistic devices across the trilogy.
N.B.: ab ovo narration form for the opening of the novel Ravan& Eddie, Documentary episodes, Foreshadowing, Black/Dark and burlesque/bawdy humour, Imagery, Epic Catalogue, Hyperbolic expressions, Irony and Paradox, Tragicomedy, the imaginative lusciousness of the narration and its stunning visual quality et al.
8. A critical analysis and exposition of the R&E Trilogy as a Rabelaisian and ribaldrous coming-of-age adventures of the eponymous protagonists in post-colonial India.
9. Locating the Bildungsroman through the journey of the eponymous protagonists in the R&E trilogy. Symbolizing the Loss of Innocence of the main characters in the novels.
10. A critical analysis of the themes of Identity Crisis, Alienation, Distress, Disorientation, Humiliation, Suffering and Structural Violence in the trilogy.
11. The poetics of Reality and Fantasy in the trilogy.
12. A critical analysis of the representation of Bombay as the setting and focal point (besides being a character, an actor and a living being) for the melodramatic action in the novels through the exploration of life in the chawls of Bombay, the Bollywood, the Mafia and the underworld.
NB: (i) Strictly follow MLA Hand Book 8 for formatting and styling.
(ii) The quality and the content of the Research paper should be top-notch. Please make sure that there is NO Compromise in this aspect.
(iii) Comprehensive and extensive bibliography (not less than 25 in number) along with other scholarly citations and references.