File Case_Mix_Index.pptxOpen this document with ReadSpeaker docReader (63.379 KB)
Case mix index (CMI) represents the resources and costs for providing care for a patient. This assignment examines CMI and the factors that influence it.
1. Review the PowerPoint presentation including the Q&A.
2. Retrieve the Excel file titled: Chapter 6 Exercises from your workbook and focus on the tab titled CMI Calculation.
3. Review the first table which is an example for calculating CMI. Did you reach the same answer? If so, you are ready to proceed!
4. Complete Tables 2A-2C and record your answers in the Excel spreadsheet.
5. Answer the questions located below each table.
6. Answer the Discussion Question on the Excel spreadsheet.