Assignment Description and Instructions:
Nike is the largest seller of athletic footwear and athletic apparel in the world. Nike sells their products to retail accounts, through NIKE-owned retail stores, and through a mix of independent distributors and licensees, in over 160 countries around the world.
Review the following case study then answer the question below.
NIKE: Available at:
Many factors and forces have led to NIKES international competitiveness (VERSUS ADIDAS) in soccer footwear. In light of NIKES growth and performance globally, the government in your country is seeking to encourage and promote the manufacturer of locally made SANDALS in selling their products internationally. As an International Marketing Consultant in your country, you are asked to assess and analyze whether this move is a good one.
Your Analysis should entail the following:
1. The criteria for international selection of a location. Using relevant references as supporting evidence.
2. Give details of the Key Success Factors of the business, which will make it globally competitive and HOW it can impact global sales.
3. At least TWO Global marketing entry strategies that you would suggest to penetrate the market. Explain with reason(s) using credible references for selecting those strategies.
4. What Strategic Advice would you give in targeting various global segments?
5. Discuss the Political, Economic, Cultural and Technological challenges you envisage in entering the international market AND which of those challenges would have the biggest effect on sales. Use references/ citations in explaining those challenges.
Note Well: No student should have less than 16 references.
The total number of words for this assignment should not exceed 1500. (Excluding your cover page, abstract, table of contents, list of references or appendices.) Graphics and charts can be used in the body of your analysis but will not be included in your word count. You may place any supporting material that exceeds this word limit in the appendices. Your tutor will guide you on how you must submit.
Assignments must contain proper citations and referencing using the UWI Open Campus style guide:
a. citations (or in-text references) of quoted and paraphrased materials to support
b. a reference list relating specifically to your in-text references.
A rubric is provided as a guide to your assessment.