Developing crosscultural competence is paramount when leading, managing, and building partnership to leverage community and organizational strengths in the public health sector.
Conduct research about your own community or a culture of your choice that is prevalent within your community. Once you have identified your community/cultural group, use the Healthy People topic material, “2020 Topics and Objectives Objectives AZ,” to select a goal that will be the focus of your community health intervention. After selecting a goal, review the “Objectives,” “Interventions and Resources,” and “National Snapshots” tabs to obtain additional information about the goal.
Select one of the goals and interventions presented as the basis for a group project focused on identifying a goalrelated health issue and an intervention that can be implemented at the community level.
In 500750 words, discuss the following:
1. Provide a summary of each group member’s community/culture and the healthrelated goal and intervention that was proposed.
2. Summarize the negotiation and prioritization process your group used to select the goal that is the focus of the intervention.
3. Provide background information on the health issue and your planned intervention.
4. Using the “Objectives” tab, select three objectives associated with the goal, and list them.
5. Describe the proposed intervention, including the purpose and intended outcomes for the intervention.
6. Describe the target population for your intervention and justify the selection of this population.
7. Identify cultural facilitators, such as community leaders, organizations, social networks, etc., that could assist with addressing the goal and implementing the intervention.
8. List three challenges that might be encountered when working in this community or culture.
You are required to cite three to five sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and public health content.