Design an activity around one of the courses texts for analysis, choosing any of the critical methodologies covered in the course text. Imagine that the context is a topical course in either a genre, or historical literary movement (including womens literature). The tasks are threefold:
1. Argue for why the theory you have chosen is a compelling and effective methodology for textual interpretation.
2. Introduce students to the assumptions and techniques of that specific critical approach.
3. Design an hour-long activity to familiarize students with the assumptions of the critical approach, and prepare them to analyze the work you have chosen in terms of the theory. Include any supplemental materials or documents needed for the activity in the assignment submission.
4. Design a formative assessment activity to measure students mastery of the material.
5. Include citations and references documenting the effectiveness of the teaching and assessment practices that you have chosen.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
2.6: Apply appropriate pedagogical practices to the teaching of literature.
2.7: Develop examples and materials appropriate for the teaching of literature
2.8: Apply current critical theories to teaching and assessment practices
Attempt Start Date: 16-Jul-2020 at 12:00:00 AM
Due Date: 22-Jul-2020 at 11:59:59 PM
Maximum Points: 120.0